Over 25 years in military and civil aviation operations, training, and safety oversight programs
- Over 17 years in Part 121 Air Carrier global line operations, management, training, evaluation and FAA regulatory coordination for Delta Air Lines. Skilled in Safety Management Systems, Human Factors, Crew Resource Management, safety and standards evaluation. Experienced in development of international routes and facilities. Served as Flight Operations Manager in airline Operations Control Center.
- Twenty years in military flight operations, flight training, flight safety, base management, budget and accounting programs. Experienced in Air Force Tactical Operations, Strategic Airlift, and Advanced Jet Training. USAF Safety Investigation Board Member. USAF Command Pilot and Master Instructor.
- 2015 Graduate of the University of Southern California Aviation Safety and Security Program. Experienced with current management approaches to aviation safety and risk management.
- Certified Aviation Auditor for safety management/compliance programs conducting operations audits, investigations, inspections and training in best safety practices for business and air carrier operators.
- Principal Instructor for FAA Part 141 Flight School ATP Certification Training Program.
- Experienced in over 25 civil/military aircraft including heavy transport, fighter, trainer and light civil.
- Pilot in Command for B-737, B-757 and B-767 aircraft, B-737 Instructor and FAA Designated Air Program Evaluator for B-737 air carrier operations.
- Over 7000 total hours of control time, with additional 2000 hours advanced simulator instructor and evaluator experience in AQP training programs. Additional experience as a B-727 Flight Engineer, Engineer Instructor and Line Operations Evaluation Check Airman.
- Extensive military experience in Strategic Airlift, Close Air Support, Forward Air Control, Electronic Combat and Combat Search and Rescue.
- Member in Good Standing – Florida Bar
- Aviation Consultant for Safety Operating Systems, an IBAC IS3A organization, providing safety and compliance auditing and program development services for business aviation and air carrier operators worldwide. Accredited IS-BAO Operations Management Auditor.
- Principal Instructor for FAA Certification Training Program for pilots seeking an Air Transport Pilot Certificate. Provides instruction in advanced aerodynamics, flight automation, cockpit procedures, weather and aviation safety, Crew Resource Management and leadership principles.
- Independent legal practice focusing on FAA regulatory affairs, compliance and enforcement actions.
- Provided leadership for all aspects of company operations to include management of administrative and technical personnel, operating facilities, quality assurance, accounting, regulatory compliance and legal affairs. Negotiated complex development agreements with U.S. and foreign partners.
- Instituted risk mitigation and quality control strategies for complex and biologic manufacturing processes.
- Insurance Counsel – Maritime, transportation, product liability and general liability defense litigation. Performed investigations, analysis, case development, negotiations and trial practice for insured parties.
- Responsible for all aspects of case management to include investigation, negotiation, litigation and settlement. Highly experienced in witness interviewing and deposition techniques.
- Coordinated air carrier operating policies and procedures for over 10,000 pilots conducting 2400 daily flights worldwide via written guidance, briefings and instructional curriculum development.
- Led a complete restructuring of the operational manuals program for the Flight Operations Division.
- Performed instruction and evaluations utilizing advanced simulation devices. Coordinated courseware development for instruction in domestic and international flight procedures.
- Member of the corporate Strategic Joint Venture Development Committee evaluating and implementing company low cost carrier objectives resulting in the launch of SONG and DeltaExpress sub-carriers.
- Operations representative for the development of Delta’s Frankfurt Germany European Hub and performed line audits for pilots operating intra-theater in former Eastern Bloc countries.
- Performed management assistance training and operational support for foreign airline partners seeking to amend their Operating Certificates and Operations Specifications.
- USAF Command Pilot – A-10 Mission Pilot (Experienced in Attack/Forward Air Control/CSAR); Fighter Electronic Combat Instructor; Unit Weapons and Tactics Officer; A-37 Forward Air Controller; C-141 Aircraft Commander and T-38 Advanced Jet Training Instructor/ Evaluator.
- CSAR Mission Coordinator – Setup A-10 Combat Search and Rescue alert response forces for 4404th Air Expeditionary Wing SWA Theater to provide CSAR support for Allied forces operating over Iraq.
- T-38 Chief of Training Standardization – 80th FTW (AETC) – Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training. Responsible for instruction, standardization and evaluation of multi-national instructor cadre from eleven countries in advanced jet operations. Authored the program multi-national Course Training Standards.
- Comptroller Division – Accounting and Finance Officer – Supervised over 100 civilian and military technicians in base accounting, auditing and management analysis functions.
- Executive Officer – McGuire AFB, N.J. – Base Commander’s representative for airbase projects to include contracting, manpower, facilities and airfield operations.
Broad experience in numerous aircraft systems
Ratings and Certifications:
Airline Transport Pilot – Airplane Multiengine Land
B-737 B-757 B-767
Commercial Privileges – Airplane Single Engine Land/ L-300
FAA Aircrew Program Designated Examiner/ ATP B-737
Certified FAA Advanced Ground Instructor
USAF Command Pilot/ Master Instructor
A-10 Thunderbolt II Mission Pilot
T-38 Talon Instructor/ Flight Examiner
A-37 Dragonfly Mission Pilot (A-FAC)
C-141 Starlifter Aircraft Commander
Education & Accreditation:
Juris Doctorate – University of Florida (2008)
Master of Business Administration – Midwestern State University (1986)
Bachelor of Science – Business Administration – Cornell University (1977)
Experience & Accomplishments:
Aviation Safety Management Consultant – AeroSure LLC (Current)
Chief Operating Officer/ General Counsel – Parcell Laboratories, Inc. – Boston, MA (2011-2014)
Attorney/ Special Counsel – Galloway Johnson Tomkins Burr & Smith PLC – Pensacola, FL (2010-2011)
Assistant State Attorney – Florida 8th Judicial Circuit (2008–2009)
Flight Operations Manager/ Examiner/ B-767 Captain (Retired) – Delta Air Lines Inc. (1987 – 2004)
United States Air Force – Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) (1977–1997)
Additional Education and Training
USAF Air Command and Staff College
Marine Command and Staff College
USAF Air Ground Operations School
Army Special Airborne School
USAF Comptroller Finance School
USC Accident Investigation Program
USC Safety Management Program
USC Human Factors Program
USC Aviation Law Program
USC Technical Witness Program
IBAC IS-BAO Auditor Training Program
JDA Regulatory Affairs Training Program
AQS GmbH Aviation Auditor Certification